Monday 26 November 2012

Sometimes when you feel feelings...

As a member of the human race, I find that from time to time I feel feelings. I feel like as a human being, that's a valid reaction to life- having emotions and wanting to express them. Most of the time I share those with a friend or I write them down in a journal but from time to time something possesses me and I feel feelings all over the internet and as much as it's nice to get encouragement from old friends and vague acquaintances, exploding emotional vomit all over facebook isn't really the way to deal with my human need to feel feelings.

So if you're still with me, I want to let you all know that I'm perfectly fine. Sometimes I have bad nights and sometimes I get so down that I feel like all of facebook needs to know my issues. Not cool Angela, not cool. 

One good thing that came out of it though, is that it woke me up to how low I'd gotten and how much I needed to be diving back into prayer to rebalance my emotions. So thank you to the friends who encouraged me and to the friends who saw my emotional vomit and didn't criticize me for airing it so publicly. Last night I had a wonderful talk with my friend Laura that got really real and ended in some really very genuine and heart healing prayer. Praise the Lord for good friends! I hope I never forget how good it is to emote to a real friend and a real God again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment